SPEAKING ON PATROTISM BY SIMON TULEH


NIGERIA RISING

Mr President let me speak for there is no better time than now
Dear compatriots let me speak for I am also a citizen of this nation and I share with you her common goals and aspirations
Your Excellency Mr Governor let me speak for this nation is not at the brink of extinction but at the dawn of redemption
Dear Legislator, let me speak that the dreams of our founding fathers is not a mirage but the prophecy of our very own destiny
Yes Senator let me speak that the hope of the next generation is not founded on corruption but on the courage and integrity of uncommon citizens in their time
My Dear Royal fathers let me speak that the soul of this nation cannot be destroyed by the calumny of foes who strive to sabotage our unity
Let me Speak Mr Politician that the destiny of this nation does not lie in the hand of one man but one minded people
Oh Pastor let me speak that the rise of our youth to reign in their time does not lie in the contentions from our pulpits but in embracing the momentum in our differences
My Dear Imam let me speak that even if this nation is over flooded by the Atlantic Ocean and covered beneath the dunes of the Sahara for a million years there shall emerge a greater than ever known or imagined Nigeria
My Igbo brother let me speak that even if are challenged to flee this nation and carry our wives and children abroad we shall not bow to the saboteurs of our collective dreams
Let me speak to My Yoruba kin, we are great as a nation not because we are perfect as individual units but because the sum of our individualities add up to create a great and glorious entity
My Hausa/Fulani brother let me speak, for the enemy is not the man who dares to be different but he who cannot accommodate another with opposing ideology
Where are my Niger Delatan, let me speak that the glory and prosperity of our nation does not spring from the oil wells but from the wells of our collective will and creativity
Let me speak my fellow citizens, blood and sword a cannot break this cord that binds us together as a nation we are stronger than the fear of death
Oh Let me speak for my children and generations yet unborn because their future is in this great land and nowhere else
Oh Let me speak, for the future I see is not one of destruction no, death, hunger and hopelessness, no!
Our father land is green, deserts turned into cities, airplanes flying from Makurdi to Miami, Aba building trains, Borno Africa’s Disneyland and Bayelsa hosting the Olympics
Oh Let me speak for my family, friends, colleagues, neighbors no time better than now shall we hold dear the dreams of our founding fathers and heroes past
For this is our home, this is our country, this the pride of the black race
Nigeria is unstoppable 
 
Written by Simon Tuleh (simonbigfidel@gmail.com)
30 March, 2017, 8:00am

Comments